Posted in: In this week's e-newsletter, Latest News & Views, Student Life
Apparently, it’s true: Students CAN be anything they want to be. Here are a few examples of roads less traveled:
Those crazy kids are taking advantage of all the world has to offer. Check out these majors (and yes, they’re real):
- Student Nick Hudson enrolled at Carnegie Mellon University. And in 2009, he became the only U.S. student to graduate with a Bagpipes major.
- Good news for millions of “LOSTIES” who have dedicated countless hours to untangling timeline theories: Those efforts won’t go to waste at Western Kentucky — the university that offers a major in Pop Culture.
- Jeff Foxworthy is probably thrilled with school administrators at Winston-Salem University in North Carolina. Students who enroll there can major in Motor Sports Management.
- Think sports is just about competition? Not so at Belhaven College in Jackson, Mississippi. Students can major in the school’s Sports Ministry program and learn how to use sports as “an effective ministry tool.”
- Believe it or not, Idaho State University STILL offers a major in Home Economics. The less said about that, the better.
Any other out-there majors we forgot? Share them in the comments section below.
HigherEdMorning delivers the latest HigherEd news once a week to the inboxes of over 200,000 HigherEd professionals.