Posted in: Going Green, In this week's e-newsletter, Latest News & Views
More than 60% of prospective college students consider a university’s commitment to environmental issues before applying. How green is your campus?
The annual list recognizes the efforts universities make to go green. Rounding out the top five on the list:
- Green Mountain School (VT)
- University of California, San Diego
- Warren Wilson College (NC), and
- Stanford University (CA).
The full list is available here.
How did UW earn the No. 1 spot? In addition to getting 90% of its power from hydropower, UW also focuses on environmental responsibility with programs such as:
- The Center for Forestry at Pack Forest
- The Alaska Salmon Program, and
- The Center for Ecogenetics and Environmental Health.
What does your campus do to increase its green efforts? Chime in below — and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter.
HigherEdMorning delivers the latest HigherEd news once a week to the inboxes of over 200,000 HigherEd professionals.