Posted in: Enrollment, In this week's e-newsletter, Latest News & Views
College populations for the coming decade will see more women, a larger number of older students, and greater racial diversity, according to a recent report from the U.S. Department of Education.
The education department’s projections for schools granting degrees show enrollment will increase:
- 38% for Hispanic students, 26% for black students and 4% for white students
- 16% for women and 9% for men
- 9% for students ages 18-24; 25% for students 25-34; 12% for students 35 and older
- 12% for undergraduates and 18% for graduate students
- to 20.6 million overall in fall 2018 – 13% higher than 2007 stats.
To see the entire report, click here.
HigherEdMorning delivers the latest HigherEd news once a week to the inboxes of over 200,000 HigherEd professionals.